Mosaic Pots

I have had a slow start on covering these pots but excited how they are turning out. These pots have a rim but I decided to ignore this detail because I did not want to be forced into adding a pattern at the top. I also wanted more space so I could make a bigger fish.

I drew out the concept ahead of time and did my best to replicate the look. Because I am working with high-fire tile it is hard to make precision cuts. I went instead with a more natural technique with processing the tiles with a hammer (I trim with nippers if necessary). I am hoping to get more work done on these this week and grout over the weekend. Looking forward to making another mess then moving on to my next project.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: